1/10/08

Hello All

162 days until I move to L.A...

Blogging always seemed a tad self-indulgent to me (why the hell should you care what I have to say?) but I was inspired, quite honestly, by Diablo Cody's blog. If you haven't read it, please do. She is hilarious, insightful and honest: my three favorites.

This is the blog of a college Junior, living in California (born and raised; I did live in Texas for one year when I was 4, but clearly I was held there against my will). I don't really fancy myself a writer, although I am an English minor (with a double major in Film Studies and Communication), nor do I fancy myself particularly hilarious nor insightful, but, honest I can do.

I will do my best to update, although I've never been one to stick to things 'till the end. Like when I was young and my parents would take me to a museum and I would insist on getting a drawing pad and pastels at the gift shop because I was going to be the next Degas and two days later the dirty pad and broken pastels would be left on the floor of the kitchen never to be touched again.

I suppose that since hardly anyone will be reading this (most likely no one)-- this blog will mostly be for myself. See? Like I said. Self-indulgence. But let me explain.

My dream in life (at least-currently) is too work in the film industry. Yes, Hollywood. Cue the rolling of the eyes. But it's not like I want to pack up a tiny pink suitcase and move into a sad apartment and become a poor, starving actress. No, no. I wanna be a Producer...drink champagne until I puke. You know how the rest of the song goes. No, but in all seriousness, that is an ambition of mine, albeit a far-fetched one. Movies simply make me happy in the purest and most real way that I know. (I will write another blog entry all about that grand epiphany- don't you worry, since obvi you were). As for now, I am perfectly content to immerse myself in the industry in any way possible. As for now, I am interested in any and all aspects of it. I ain't picky. So, this summer I have been accepted to USC's School of Cinematic Arts summer program will I will take a class that will "introduce me to the film industry". I am also applying for a gazillion internships in Los Angeles for the summer as well, so I can get more hands-on experience. I am so excited, nervous, ready and waiting.

This blog will aim to document my college woes and foes, my journey to Hollywood, and it will also be a place for me to discuss life, the universe and everything.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Graham Ettridge said...

Hiya,

I'd like to wish you loads of luck and happiness with your blog. I have had a read through and have found it rather interesting. You have a great way with words and I like the design too!

Anyway, have a good week and happy blogging!

Kindest regards, Graham :)